The true-world NHL season begins on Wednesday, January 13, and to have fun the event, EA Sports activities has launched the outcomes of its annual simulation to foretell which staff will win the Stanley Cup.
In accordance with the outcomes of the NHL 21 simulation, the Colorado Avalanche will win the Stanley Cup this yr, defeating the defending champions, the Tampa Bay Lightning, in 7 video games. In the actual world, the Avalanche haven’t gained the title for the reason that 2000-2001 season.
The Official #NHL21 Playoff Simulation has spoken 🔮
The Colorado Avalanche will probably be your 2021 Stanley Cup Champions 🏆
Try our full breakdown of the 2021 season 👉 https://t.co/zINlF97AH4 pic.twitter.com/lkietzgXK4
— EA SPORTS NHL (@EASPORTSNHL) January 13, 2021
The simulation additionally predicted that Auston Matthews of the Toronto Maple Leafs would be the NHL’s high goal-scorer for the season, racking up 39 targets. Connor McDavid of the Edmonton Oilers, in the meantime, would be the league’s high points-scorer with 83, in response to the prediction.
In the course of the playoffs, Nathan MacKinnon of the Avalanche may have a very robust displaying, selecting up 18 targets and 22 assists in 35 video games to win the Conn Smyth trophy for being the MVP of the playoffs.
Head to EA’s web site to see a full breakdown of the NHL 21 season predictions.
NHL 21 launched in October 2020 for PS4 and Xbox One. EA didn’t launch a bespoke model of the sports activities sport for PS5 and Xbox Collection X, however it’s playable on these machines with some enhancements. The franchise’s first outing for PS5 and Xbox Collection X is predicted to be NHL 22, which ought to launch in or round September 2021.
NHL 21 Predictions For 2021-2022 Season
High 10 Aim Scorers
- Auston Matthews – 39 targets
- Alexander Ovechkin – 38 targets
- Leon Draisaitl – 36 targets
- Mika Zibanejad – 35 targets
- Nathan MacKinnon -35 targets
- Jack Eichel – 33 targets
- Steven Stamkos – 33 targets
- Connor McDavid – 33 targets
- Elias Pettersson – 31 targets
- Patrick Kane – 30 targets
High 10 Level Scorers
- Connor McDavid – 83 factors
- Nathan MacKinnon – 82 factors
- Auston Matthews – 80 factors
- Jack Eichel – 78 factors
- Leon Draisaitl – 77 factors
- Elias Pettersson – 75 factors
- Andrei Svechnikov – 75 factors
- Alexander Ovechkin – 74 factors
- Artemi Panarin – 74 factors
- Mika Zibanejad – 72 factors